Gigya's Support Policy outlines several important guidelines for reaching out to Gigya Support. So that Gigya can better assist with the timely resolution of issues or questions, the guidelines below are helpful to follow. Please note that a failure to observe these guidelines may result in a delay of issue resolution
- Provide details of the active Gigya contract or partner when requesting support through email. Because email addresses are not always associated with a partner account, this is helpful should it becomes necessary to escalate the request. When possible, Gigya recommends and encourages the use of the Support Portal, since this information is provided automatically in a support issue created through it.
- Limit questions/issues to one per support case or support email. If necessary, split separate issues into their own email using differing subject lines, or open separate cases. This is helpful to ensure that each issue is triaged separately to a support engineer best equipped to address the individual issue with feedback and a timely resolution. If it is not clear which questions or issues should be separate, Gigya's Support engineers will be glad to assist in identifying separate issues or questions.
- Avoid opening additional support issues for an existing and active case as they will be closed as duplicates. Instead, a response to the existing support email or issue in the support portal should be provided.
- Avoid forwarding existing email chains to support. Instead, begin a new email which clearly and succinctly states the issue and provide details as prescribed below. While Gigya Support welcomes the additional content, without framing the question or issue faced, the information lacks context and causes delays in Gigya Support's ability to understand or provide valuable feedback.
- Check the scope of Gigya's Support offering for information as is related to the question, issue, or request.
Help with Informational Requests
- Search Gigya's Developers Documentation before submitting a question, as the answers to many questions can already be found there.
- Avoid opinion-based questions or seeking recommendations for custom integrations. Gigya Support can only provide recommendations in a limited fashion.
Help with Unexpected Behavior and Implementation Issues
- Ensure that the issue is consistently reproducible. If it is not, provide context details on the reproducibility of the issue.
- Provide the API Key used in the implementation with issues
- Provide details and investigative information that was performed for the issue, prior to opening the support case with Gigya
- Provide reproduction details, including:
- Test URL or Mobile Application download link
- Test user credentials
- Enumerated Reproduction Steps used to reproduce the behavior
- Expected Behavior that should be observed
- Actual Behavior that is observed
- Network captures for environment/device specific issues which have no outward visibility such as from a specific device or a server-side implementation
- Provide Technical Details (e.g. UIDs, Response Codes, Email Addresses, etc.)
- Provide Implementation Details, including:
- The type of environment the implementation runs in (Server Side, Native Mobile, Hybrid Mobile, Mobile Web, Desktop Web, CMS, etc.)
- Where relevant, the languages, platforms, or frameworks used in the implementation (e.g. WordPress, Server Side Java, Native iOS app, Mobile Web Page, Cordova Mobile App, etc.)
- Where relevant, specifics as to version numbers of Gigya's components, the systems, and the languages used
- Where relevant, specifics at to which REST API endpoints are used?