Facebook Share returns the error "Can't Load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains"
- Share Bar
- Social Login
Facebook will prevent a login or share from occurring when the URL being shared or the page performing the sharing is not configured in the Facebook Application's App Domains. In these circumstances, Facebook returns the full error:
Can't Load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.
To setup URLs in the App Domains of the Facebook application, perform the following:
- Open the Facebook Developers Console
- Find and open the Facebook Application being used for sharing
Note: This should be the same Facebook Application that is used within Gigya
- Click on "Settings" from the left navigation
- Click on "Basic" from the "Settings" subheading in the left navigation
- Find the "App Domain" field
- Add the base domain for any pages which perform sharing
- Add the base domain for any share URLs that might not be included from the pages that perform sharing
Note: These would be the base domains for URLs where the share points to a different base domain then the page performing the share
For example, if the the page performing the share is 'http://my-test-demo.com' but is sharing the URL 'http://some-other-test.com', then both 'http://my-test-demo.com' and 'http://some-other-test.com' would need to be added to the App Domains.